We all love the smell of fresh laundry, but often don’t think of the chemicals we’re breathing in or wearing on our skin. Below are some recipes incorporating essential oils, making your laundry routine chemical-free and eco-friendly. And the best part is you don’t have to sacrifice yummy smells or soft linens!
- 1 64-ounce bag of Epsom salt
- 40 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 30 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Pour Epsom Salt into large glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Add Essential Oils and stir well to combine.
- Store in glass jar.
- Use 1/2 cup for medium to large loads or a 1/4 cup for small loads.
- Place in wash cycle at any temperature.
WASHING MACHINE CLEANER
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup baking soda
- 20 drops Melaleuca
- 20 drops Lemon
- Combine Essential Oils and vinegar in cup.
- Add baking soda to drum of empty machine and close door.
- Add vinegar mixture to bleach cup of washer.
- Run a wash cycle with extra rinse.
- Once cycle is complete, open and wipe inside of door, drum and gasket. Leave door open to dry out.
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
- 15 drops Lavender
- Put all ingredients in glass bottle and shake well before each use.