B Taylor – Athlete, Navy Veteran, Writer, Musical Artist
Written by Gobi Moore on July 27, 2018
“A GLOBAL AMBASSADOR & ADVOCATE OF MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT FOR THE U.S. MILITARY, VETERANS, FIRST RESPONDERS AND THEIR FAMILIES”
- Taylor is a Peoria, IL native where he was a standout three sport scholar athlete, who was the Hight School “Senior Athlete of The Year” in (Central) Illinois. He later attended the University of Missouri where he was a football and basketball student athlete.
- He is a highly decorated Navy Veteran who was also chosen by the Pentagon’s United States Secretary of The Navy and Chief of Naval Operations to play on the All Navy Basketball Team and The Military Team U.S.A. Basketball team. B.Taylor was also allowed by The Navy to participate in the NFL.
- The first hip hop artist and producer to be discovered by The Miracle’s Motown’s premiere group led by Smokey and The Miracles member Pete Moore. He is also the first to be backed by the Motown legends and this many legends since Michael Jackson.
- Named “The Stevie Wonder of Hip Hop” by The Miracles who discovered Steve Wonder because of his musicianship.
- He was chosen to performed for President Bush & Family and President and Mrs. Obama
- He has received Proclamations ,Congressional Resolutions and Hero Awards from the State of Texas, Illinois, and The United States Postal Service . B serves as a Co-Chair on the United States Veteran Affairs Vice Chair Congressmen Gus Bilirakis “Veteran’s Task Force Committee”.
- He is has charted #1 on The Billboard Charts with his song “Fire In Your Eyes” ft NCIS star actress Pauley Perrette and has received multiple grammy nomination considerations working with many notables such as The Motown Legends, Snoop Dogg, Ray J, Brandy, Chris Brown, Flo-Rida, P.Diddy, Mark Wahlberg and many moore.
- He is the first artist to shoot a music video on the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier and at Naval Bootcamp Headquarters approved by the Pentagon.
- Taylor has spoken to over 250,000 kids, veterans and troops since 2013.
- For his work with Latino Community, The Vice President of Congress of Guatamala wrote a letter and chose B.Taylor to become the first American artist to receive one of the highest awards in the country from their President called “The Passing of The Flower”. This award has been given to prominent people such as Nelson Mandela, The Dalai Lama, and other world dignitaries.
- He was chosen by Walmart Owner Christy Walton as the celebrity ambassador for executive produced award winning film “Bless Me Ultima”
- He has received over 100 letters and awards from the top Pentogon Department of Defense Officials, Top Military Officials, Congressional Figures, and Fortune 500 CEO’s and Executives.
- In March 2018, B.Taylor received the Capitol Hill “HillVets Top 100” award as one of the most influential and impactful veterans in all of business in the United States. This year’s class consisted of notables such as Secretary of Defense Mathis, Former 2nd First lady Dr. Jill Biden, Entertainer Clint Eastwood, Senator John McCain and others.
- This year, B.Taylor was selected as one of the 60 Global Experts to co-author a book with Business Mogul Sir Richard Branson and this September will be inducted into the National Academy of Authors for best selling authors.
- Taylor is the first ever to bridge the gap between Classic Motown, the hip hop/pop culture, and the United States Department of Defense and Military.